Represent complex arguments, safety cases and rationale in a transparent and simple way.
Reason is a diagramming tool built for teams to represent complex arguments, safety cases and rationale in transparent and structured yet simple way, in a secure, cloud based environment.
Reason was developed in partnership with experts in the Goal Structuring Notation (GSN) standard, used to transparently represent safety cases in safety-critical domains like the aerospace industry.
Reason has applications in any critical decision making industry, where safety cases, model design or other arguments must be robust and well documented.
Client Case Study
A world-leading personal care company, with over 400 brands used by 2.5 billion people in 190 countries, has been using Reason Enterprise since 2016 to assist with their toxicology and environmental risk assessments.
Collaborate and diagrammatically represent a complex argument
- Quickly accessible to all users online (we support Chrome and Firefox browsers) with secure cloud based hosting, no software to download
- Easily share with colleagues giving read or write access
- Communicate in a non-technical common language, with guides and rules to help enforce diagram standards
Strategise and identify tasks to validate a claim
- Build up diagrams with evidence and rationale from different sources
- Reuse strategies by referencing existing diagrams or copying an existing structure
- Multidisciplinary teams can provide valuable input in a common language
- Identify any gaps and required tasks to confidently validate a claim
- Surface potential risks, dependencies and assumptions sooner
Retain knowledge and maximise re-usability
- Rules ensure diagram consistency and can be tailored to support industry or custom standards for any team
- Reason supports smart searching of diagram descriptors and within diagrams
- Diagram themes can be categorised through tags to reference in future and minimise repeated work
- Export diagrams to file or integrate Reason with your other internal systems via API